Sunday, January 12, 2014

Date Your Kids: Week Two

The dating continues in the Neslony Household!!!

Every week, we learn more about our kids and that makes my heart smile! 

Tim and I like to do the same thing with each kid and then we sit down together afterwards and talk about how both dates went. It's always interesting to see how different they both go.

This week, Tim decided we were going on breakfast dates. Haley picked Chick-fil-A for breakfast. I think I'm going to need to talk with that girl about being a cheap date! haha! ;) Come on, Haley!!! At least make him take ya to Cracker Barrel!!!!


I love the picture of them holding hands on the way to the car! Makes my heart melt!!

After their date, Tim was telling me that Haley stood at the car door with a smile until Tim opened it! She also stood at the door going into Chick-fil-A and waited for Tim to open that door! And then, she didn't sit in her chair until Tim pulled it out for her. He says that she never said anything, she would just stand there and wait! haha! I LOVE IT!

They talked about pets during their date! Funny!

Haley convinced Tim to take her to PetSmart after their Chick-fil-A date....and then convinced him to buy her a pet fish....without consulting me first! LOVELY! You know, 'cause I'm the one that's gonna end up taking care of this fish when he's TDY or deployed. Or more like: EVERYDAY!


Anyway, the fish is named Bubble 0-7....Bubbles for short. I mean, how freaking cute is that? Sort of makes keeping the fish ok. I'm not gonna lie, I was already planning his disappearance but I guess we now have a pet fish. YAY! 

How long do betas usually live? That's a very important question for my own sanity! A girl needs to prepare! ;)





On to my date with my little man...

Jake LOVES Bob Evans. So that's where we went for breakfast. But not before playing in the rain!! SO FUN!!


On our way to breakfast, Jake asked, "Why do girls like to shop so much?"

Me: "Why do boys like to play video games so much?"

Jake: "Because it's fun!"

Me: "And that is why girls love shopping!"

Jake: "But the boys always have to go shopping with the girls and they never play video games with us!"

That opened up a really cool conversation with Jake about giving and taking in a relationship. We talked about both people investing into the relationship and what happens when one person is giving more...or taking more. 

He asked, "What do you do when that happens?"

So then we talked about re-evaluating relationships and deciding whether or not he is dating the right person for him. And that sometimes, we date people who are not good for us, or not right for us. I can't count how many times I did that growing up!!! Anyone else with me on that one? ha!

Jake, being the good-natured person that he is, was really worried about hurting someone's feelings. But, I assured him that things would always work out the way they're supposed to. I'm not an expert at relationships, by any means, but I gave him my best advice...and that's all that matters!

I honestly wasn't planning on having this conversation....it just worked out! It was great!

Breakfast was fun, too. We mainly talked about school and his friends the rest of the time. I think the relationship subject wore him out a bit! ;)

Stay tuned for our next dating adventures! And please share your dating experiences and ideas with me!!!

Happy Dating!




No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...