Thursday, January 9, 2014

Papas con Carne

I grew up eating this....


It's called Papas con Carne....or for people who don't speak Spanish....Potatoes with Ground Beef! Pretty simple, right? 

It is sooooo YUMMY!!!!! Like I'm not even kidding! You'll love it! It's quick, easy and inexpensive to make! Score!

I was craving it today so I decided to make it.

So, here's the recipe! I know you want it! ;)

Ingredients:
1lb ground beef
3 medium potatoes, peeled & diced
8oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1tsp cumin
2-3 cups water


Brown the ground beef. Add the potatoes, tomato sauce, water & spices. Stir. Bring it to a boil and then turn down stove to medium heat, cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. You'll know it's done if you take a potato out and you can mash it or cut it in half. 

It's THE BEST with homemade tortillas, mexican rice or fideo (if you've never had fideo, you're missing out) and refried beans! Or, it's totally yummy just by itself! 

OMG, my mouth is watering! Gotta go eat now!

Happy Eating!





No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...