Saturday, January 4, 2014

Date Your Kids

As 2014 was approaching, I was thinking about what my New Year's Resolution was going to be. I'm not a resolution type of person, because, let's face it...after about a week, I'm not doing whatever I resolved to do. However, I like to do things every year that I know I can stick to and that will make a positive impact in some way. 

After spending lots of time volunteering in my kids' schools, I realized that my own children were learning things about the opposite sex, dating, affection and sex from other people...mostly their friends or other kids at school. That really bothered me! After speaking with my hubby, we decided that we were going to date our kids weekly. Not just in 2014, but until they both get married. I will be dating our son and teaching him how to honor girls/women, himself and most importantly, God! Tim will be dating Haley and teaching her how she should be treated by a boy/man, being true to herself and honoring herself and God! We are also committing ourselves to daily praying for our children's future spouses because we feel it is important for them to be with the person God has chosen for them. 

Click on the "Date Your Kids" tab to see ideas of ways you can date your own children! Please share all of your adventures and ideas with us, as we have 51 weeks of dates left to plan. 

I hope you have as much fun as we are having! What a blessing to be able to teach our children Christian values!

Happy Dating!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...